Followers

Joyful Java


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Suit Up!

The firefighters came to Jonah's school to teach fire safety earlier this month. They ran through an obstacle course and got to see the lights on the truck. One fireman even dressed in his full gear to show the kids what firemen look like so in case they were ever in a fire, they wouldn't be scared by all the equipment. Jonah came home completely enthralled. This is what he's been wearing almost every day every since.



It's his firefighter equipment, complete with gas mask (lion nose), helmet (trick-or-treat rocket bag), and hose (cap gun). This cracks me up every time I see him in it. Then I got to thinking.....

How many times do I try to clothe myself one way with a vision in mind but get it completely wrong? In good times, I'll get to running with my own ideas and my own thoughts instead of waiting on the Lord and following His path. In bad times, I'll worry myself to death and get all in a tizzy instead of following God's prescribed order of dealing with a situation. Seek out His Word. Trust. Wait. Pray. He's given us everything we need and told us exactly what we should do and even what we should wear.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth,



and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,



and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.



In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;



and take the helmet of salvation,



and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Ephesians 6:13-17 (ESV)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...