Followers

Joyful Java


Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fire & Ice

Okay, so I should have this sappy, sweet post filled with all the things in my life that I'm grateful for. And I really do have so many blessings in my life. I do. But after a whole week with the youth group being on Fall Break and sleeping a total of 12 hours over a span of 3 days, my brain just can't go there. Let me tell you where my brain has been....


This is how we roll.


Or should I say got rolled.

Long story short- Bear and I have officially been welcomed to the youth group. Not that this comes as any surprise. We've personally elevated several others to this same status of yard decor in the past few months so it was really only a matter of time. But this story just isn't about the rolling. No. It's much more.

Bear had some fellas over Monday night. My night with the girls had been Saturday and honestly, I was still feelin' it. So I headed to bed at the early hour of 11:30 only to be awakened an hour later to someone bursting through my bedroom door.
    "Your girls are DEAD!"
It was Bear. And he was fired up.
     "What in the world?!" I said, from a dead sleep.
     "We just got tagged."

I went outside to see what appeared to be a white Thanksgiving. (Hence, the "Ice".)

  
  "Jonah's going to be pumped" was all I could get out.
     "No. You don't understand. They. are. DEAD." Bear was already plotting the sweet revenge in his head. I could see the gears turning.
     "Oh, no! My girls didn't do this. I don't know who it was but it wasn't my girls."

Then, I noticed something.


     "Um, Bear? What happened to our tree?"
     "That's not really anything," he said as his excited intensity seemed to all of a sudden die.
Come to find out, my husband tried to light the strands of toilet paper so that they would burn out of the tree branches and ended up......wait for it........

.....SETTING THE TREE ON FIRE!!!!!!! The flames, I've been told, were about 8' high. (There's the "Fire".)

The night didn't end there. The guys left to get the girls back (Roadkill in baby strollers. Nice.) and the girls came back to our house for Round 2. Several dozens of eggs, a few canisters of whip cream, and a whole jar of taco sauce later, the guys were needing showers pretty badly and the girls were taking pictures in my front yard.



The funny thing about all of this is that I love it. You can call me crazy all you want to but it's so worth it. I love being able to mentor these teens & point them straight back to Jesus when they need Him. I love being able to show them answers they crave right there in God's Word and make it relevant to their lives. I love being that safe place for them to confide in when it's too weird to talk to parents.  I just hope and pray that the Lord's got willing adults who love Him wholeheartedly to be there when Esther Grace & Jonah are at this stage. Because in all honesty, I think I'll be too tired. ;)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thank goodness it is you and not me!!! Have fun my friend and may you get some rest--nEXT WEEK when they all go back to school!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...