Followers

Joyful Java


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SSMT #5

Can you believe it's been two whole months?! I'm really loving how applicable these verses have become to me through this year. His Word never fails to be relevant to me and I love Him so much for that. Here's my verse for this time around....

"But my servant Caleb thinks differently and follows me completely. So I will bring him into the land he has already seen, and his children will own that land."
Numbers 14:24, NCV

Kindof an odd selection, isn't it? I got a reminder on my phone for an important date this week, which I'll blog about on March 3, and it got me thinking about all God has done for me and Bear in the past. He is SO faithful! I've seen what He can do. I've already seen His Presence in our lives and He's already made Himself so real to us countless times. That's exactly what I want for my children: to inherit the legacy of God's Presence. Can you think of anything sweeter or more satisfying? Hence, my SSMT verse this time. But....

There's always a "but", isn't there? Caleb got to inherit the Promised Land because he thought differently. Some other versions say...

"But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly..." (NIV)
"But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me..." (NLT)
"But my servant Caleb—this is a different story. He has a different spirit; he follows me passionately." (The Message)

Hmmmm- see the theme?

Bear and I talked last night on the phone for 45 minutes about what God was teaching him in India. It's still not specific but I'm pretty sure that it's going to involve a lot of different spirit, different attitude, and it's gonna be a whole different story than what we have been doing! We want to follow God wholeheartedly, passionately, and remain loyal to Him alone. Then, and only then, will my children own. that. land.

If you're praying for us, pray for clarity of what the Lord has in store for our family and lays out the specifics of what He is calling us to do in order to "think differently and follow Him completely". I know He'll let us in on the plan eventually! :)

“...From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you."
"This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:6b, 17




1 comment:

Melia said...

You are such a light for the Lord. You have been a spiritual inspiration to me! Amazed by what God is showing me through you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...