Followers

Joyful Java


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Silent Night

Don't you love it when God answers a prayer before you even know you need to pray it? That's where I find myself today. It's only December 1 and I'm already feeling the stress pressing down on me that comes with Christmas! Maybe because it's the last day that I will ever be in my twenties....yes, I turn THIRTY tomorrow. Maybe because Bear and I have already had about twenty tense conversations about Santa. Maybe because I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. Whatever it is, I need some intervention. I heard this song by Amy Grant and it spoke deep to my soul.

[Scroll down to the bottom of this page and pause my playlist so you won't hear two songs playing at once.]



God knew this would be my prayer way back in May and has already provided an answer! Isn't He amazing? I'm headed to Deeper Still 2010 in two days! Friday and Saturday with no kids, no laundry, no cooking- just me, my Bible, and my God. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Bear's taking me for my birthday along with my MOSM-I-L (Mean Old Step Mom-In-Law...don't worry, it's a joke between us. She's not mean or old!), my sister-in-law, and a friend from small group. Bear- you're a good man, Charlie Brown. I told him that if he wants me to, I'll buy him a pink t-shirt from the gift table. He said he'd try to refrain himself.

Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer- the Bible study Trifecta as far as I'm concerned- will be there AND as an added bonus, there will be an early morning devotion on Saturday by Kelly Minter. This summer, Toni (MOSM-I-L) and I did a study on Ruth by Kelly Minter and we couldn't be more beside ourselves. Ain't God good?!

Please pray for us as we travel to Birmingham, Alabama that we will have safe travels and that it will be a much needed time of spiritual refreshment, renewal, and reinforcement as we enter this Christmas season. Pray that God would grow me and that I return invigorated for all that He has planned for me. (I'll settle for keeping the laundry up to date!)

Please take just four minutes to listen. I promise it will speak to you too...unless all of your shopping is completed, your baking is done, and all you have to do the rest of this month is prop your feet up beside a warm cozy fire with a cup of coffee and read. Sigh. That sounds like heaven! Maybe after all that laundry....

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...