Followers

Joyful Java


Monday, December 13, 2010

SSMT

It's finally here!!!! Well, almost.

Siesta Scripture Memory Team 2011 begins January 1, 2011. Let me explain. First of all, I should say that there will be no napping involved. Don't let the name fool you. Beth Moore called her blog followers "sistas" one day trying to be all cool and funky. Her spellcheck corrected it to "siestas" and the name just stuck. I've been a "Siesta" since this past summer (that's how I got to meet Miss Beth at Deeper Still) and read about the SSMT from past posts. You can read all the details here. She's starting up another one coming this January and I'm so excited!!!!!

Here's the deal:

You memorize 2 verses each month. Then, on the 1st & 15th of each month, you visit Beth's blog and post what you're memorizing. And...this is the cool part....come mid-January 2012, there will be SSMT celebration in Houston, Texas. And the price of admission? One well-used notebook spiral full of 24 memorized passages! How cool is that? So, who's in with me? Come on, Girls! I know we can do it! And think how awesome it will be to meet all those "Siestas" who've done the same thing over the whole year!

But don't just take my word for it. I "blog stalk" another "Siesta" and she wrote about it on her blog here. And to quote Deidre from "For Such A Time As This"...I can't stop using exclamation points!!!!!

And don't you just love that once I actually breathe the same air as Beth Moore, I go from calling her by her entire name (Beth Moore) to referring to her as one of my personal teachers (Miss Beth) to strictly a first-name basis?!!? I think the first verse I memorize should be Ephesians 4:2- "Be completely humble.."

1 comment:

Amy said...

i'm in! :) and have you heard of this:
http://www.womenoffaith.com/events/2011-events/atlanta/
wanna go???


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...