Followers

Joyful Java


Friday, September 17, 2010

Hodgism

I posted about Jonism here. Carter Hodges is our neighbor. He's 4 and Jonah thinks they are brothers. Literally. Maybe because it's they share similar life theology. They are two peas in a pod. Here's a sampling of Carter's 'Hodgism':

Carter's parents, Ryan and Kelli, have been trying to teach him humility because everytime someone gives him a compliment, he affirms them. For example:

"Wow, Carter! That sure was a good throw."
"Yeah, I know. I'm good at that."
"Hey Buddy, thanks for sharing with Jonah. That was really sweet of you."
"Yeah, I know. I'm a pretty sweet boy."

Well, at church a while back Carter's Sunday School class was learning about the story of Moses and the burning bush. Carter's teacher, a good friend of Ryan's, was assigning parts to the kids so they could act out the whole story. There were many roles to consider: Moses, his donkey, the bush, Zipporah (Moses' wife), Moses' children, etc. When asked which part Carter wanted to play, he paused contemplating his choices and matter of factly stated, "Yeah. I'll be God."

Way to go, guys. I totally think that humility thing is workin' for ya. Not to worry though 'cause I'm right there with you.

Just today, Jonah showed sincere humility while riding with my mom. They were running errands and my mom told him, "Jonah, did you know that you're my favorite boy in the whole wide world?"
He simply stated, "Yeah." Then, after a pause, said, "God thought-" and stopped.
"God thought what?" my mom asked, curious as to what in the world could possibly follow.
"God thought, 'She's really gonna like this boy!'' was his oh-so-humble reply.

I think this friendship will go far.



"...there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...