Followers

Joyful Java


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Parent or Pet Owner?

I realize that I haven't written about sweet angel girl, but she's been teething. And who wants their debut to be in full out ugly cry? So now it's finally her turn...and it ain't pretty.


Lately I've been asking myself, "Am I a proud parent or a pet-owner?" I know I'm the mother of two children but evidence around our house states otherwise.

Exhibit A: Piddles

The other night Bear got home before dinner was ready so he offered to take the kids to the pool while I finished in the kitchen. They came back right as it was time to eat so we just stripped her down to her swimmie diaper and began supper. As most of you know, those things aren't worth the paper they're made out of and their absorbency levels are null and void. Sure as the world, she chooses this opportunity to relieve herself......all over Bear and my kitchen floor.

Exhibit B: Teeth Marks
They're everywhere! Shoes, our coffee table, her crib, Jonah's belt, MY BIG TOE.....they're all marked with the same little half-moon shaped indentations.


Exhibit C: Puppy-Proofing
I feel like that's what I've been doing. Everything from about knee level down has been raised a good two feet. Everything that's been on the edges of the side tables, nightstands, kitchen counters, etc. gets shoved towards the center so that exploring little fingers can't get to it. Also, if any member of the family is eating anything it has to be done either standing up or sitting on the bar stools. No more leaving your plate to get something from the fridge. You leave it and it's fair game!

Exhibit D: Wet Kisses and Mucus.....Lots of Mucus
Picture Hooch from "Turner & Hooch". Every ounce of love comes wrapped in drool and snot. Lovely.

Exhibit E: Crawling
She's always on all fours. Some would say like a canine.

Exhibit F: Scratches
Granted, this has nothing to do with teething and everything to do with the fact that Mommy always forgets to trim fingernails but still. I'm covered in scratches and it looks like I've been in a fight with an ally cat.
They just don't prepare mothers for this sort of thing. I swear, everyone should be schooled on teething before leaving the hospital, especially on molars! Then again, maybe not. I don't think anyone would leave with their baby! When Jonah went through this I asked my mom, "How long do they teeth?"
"Years," was her reply. Did I mention that we're in the middle of a Motrin/Tylenol/EVERYTHING recall?

I say this all in fun because really, I couldn't ask for a better baby. She's so good that it's almost annoying (to other people, of course). Last night, while I was rocking her to sleep I started singing "This is My Father's World". Eyes shut, she proceeds to take her passie out of her mouth, raise it up in the air, wave it, and sing as loudly as she could! "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Oooohhhhhhhhhh, Ehhhhhhhhhhhh" Bless her. My heart melted. I guess this baby raisin' thing ain't so bad after all.

Now if only I can get her to devour God's Word as vigorously as she's chowing down on Daddy's flip-flop.....

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...