Followers

Joyful Java


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Imbeeyah"

We've made a prayer chain for Daddy while he's in "Imbeeyah". There's a link for each night he's gone with Bible verses that we can pray. When we get to the heart at the top that says "Daddy's Home!", it will be time for him to be back.


Jonah wanted to write "Daddy" all by himself. Not bad for a three-year-old but I'm biased. I know for a fact there are others in his class at preschool that could do way better. They're also girls, but you know....



Last night, while we were praying Ephesians 4 for Daddy (specifically verses 4 and 15) Jonah asked if we could tear off two links.
     "I want Daddy to come home.....now."
I know, Buddy. Me too.

After he went to bed, I was finishing up my lesson for BSF and kept getting hung up on one particular question. The lesson asked me to list promises from anywhere in the Bible that are encouraging me at the current time. There are so many! Where do I even start?! I was thinking about in John 17 when Jesus prays for His disciples and asks God to keep them safe by the Name He gave Christ. I tried to turn there but for some reason my mind kept thinking that "sheep" was in that passage and I know the sheep passage is in John 10 so that's where I ended up. Of course, that's exactly where God wanted me.

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." John 10:16

Suddenly, my prayer turned from "Keep Bear safe, keep Bear safe!" to "Get those sheep, get those sheep!" Strange how God just turned my perspective around, isn't it? It's not about my fear, worry, and loneliness. It's all about Him and His glory. Always has.

So, Babe- wherever you are in "Imbeeyah"....get those sheep!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...