Followers

Joyful Java


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm a Domestic Diva!

Okay, so this post is about 97% stolen! I stole the title from Deidre at "For Such a Time As This". Last night, I made the BEST dinner and had to brag on myself. I think what won me over was the prep time....a total of 10 minutes. That's right. 10 minutes. Including cook time. I stole it from Amanda at "Kevin & Amanda" and her pictures are better than mine...so I'm stealing those too!

Tortellini Alfredo


These are the ingredients you'll need:

alfredo tortellini

1 (8 oz) pkg cheese tortellini
1 cup ham, diced
(8 oz) cream cheese
1 pkg dry Italian dressing
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick butter

Add tortellini to a large pot of boiling salted water and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium heat. Add the cream cheese, butter, cream of chicken soup, Italian dressing, and milk and stir until smooth. Once smooth, add in ham and stir to coat. After the tortellini finishes boiling, drain, then add to cream sauce. Stir to evenly coat and serve warm.

I used the 16 oz. package of green & white mixed tortellini because Jonah likes to eat "Incredible Hulk Noodles". I also mixed in some frozen peas for an added sweet crunch. Mmmmmm. It was SO good.


For those of you who think it looks a bit slimy- it does. But take it from someone who can't stand slimy food- it wasn't. It was also very flavorful. When I usually make quick recipes, they taste pretty bland. I think the seasoning packet of Italian dressing makes all the difference. This was what I saw the entire dinner time. He didn't even stop to wipe his mouth!


 This sauce would also be great with grilled chicken and broccoli served over fettucini. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a lovely blog and wonderful music to enjoy it with!

Great recipe - I'll have to STEAL from you and I love your kiddo's determination for another bite! How cute!

I'm your newest follower!

Jessica @ www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Amy said...

as i was reading, i was thinking that i would try it with chicken - sounds good! i'll probably steal from you, too! love the picture of jonah and his incredible hulk noodles!!! :)

Deidre said...

Oh, girl! That last picture has me convinced :) Anything I can get my kids to eat without complaining, I will try! I love it!

joy said...

Great Recipe! I think I might try it with some grilled shrimp. I finally got back so I could read your blog with Mozilla Firefox. Great pictures- will let you know when I try out this recipe.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...